Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's a gorgeous day out side and I'm stuck inside studying.
Why? Because I'm an anal-retentive overachiever.  I hate it.

Lavagna (with Sestri Levante in the background).
I'm actually writing because I'm sick-to-my-stomach-missing Italy.  I long for the relaxing days in  Chiavari with my family and the nights I've spent in Torino with my friends.  I miss it to death! Somehow, the summer days in Tahoe can't compare to those spent by the ocean in Lavagna.  Can you blame me?
(BEWARE: RANT AHEAD!!!)  I'm truly getting sick of the American lifestyle.  The Americans who feel entitled, who complain about high gas prices (but still continue to drive gigantic V8 SUVs or trucks), who sit around and wait for a hand-out instead of taking action and doing something.  I'm not saying that Italians are any better or worse, I just prefer the lifestyle in Italy.

What  miss most about Italy is the language.  I want to speak Italian so badly it makes me want to cry.  The most frustrating thing, is that there is no one I know that speaks Italian.  (When I say "Italian" I mean someone who speaks it relatively fluently, not, "Hi, I've spent one semester in Florence and spent most of that time passed out drunk or traveling."

Anyway... I think I've vented enough for one blog.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment